- Those planning their own wild adventures
- Our friends and loved ones to put their minds slightly at ease!
SPOT SATELLITE GPS MESSENGER:
- SPOT GPS MESSENGER - A safety and communication device using the GPS satellite system to determine our location.
- S.0.S - Alert the GEOS International Emergency Rescue Coordination Center. GEOS notifies the appropriate emergency responders based on our location and situation, this may include local police, highway patrol, Coast Guard, your country's embassy, search and rescue and any other emergency response team.
- HELP/ SPOT ASSIST - For non-life threatening situations. Ask for help from friends and family or SPOT Assist professionals. When activated, an SMS or email will be sent to all chosen contacts with GPS coordinates. Emails will also include a link to view our location on Google Maps. SPOT Assist service partners will also receive the message.
- CHECK-IN/ OK - When we are in the sticks with no phone or internet connection and you are wondering where the hell we have got to, we will drop a message to all our chosen contacts at the press of a button to send a pre-programmed message that everything is fine! This will again include our coordinates so your can track our progress.
- CUSTOM MESSAGE - We can also pre-load specific messages to send to individuals at different times, i.e to arrange a meeting point.
- TRACK - We can send our location to allow our contacts to track our progress on Google Maps. We will also try to embed this map in the MAPS section on this website for all to see.
A Great big THANK YOU to Nikita and Kyle for an awesome present!! xx
Polio/ Tetnus/ Ditheria - 3 in 1, 10 year booster recommended
Typhoid - Contaminated food and water - 1 injection, 3 years protection
Hep A - Contaminated food and water - 1 injection followed by a further dose 6 – 12 mths later, 20 years protection
Hep B - Transmitted through bodily fluids - 3 or 4 dose course depending on schedule time available before travel
Cholera - In drink form (tastes like raspberries!) x 2
Japanese Encephalitis - Spread by the bite of an infected mosquito – 2 doses
Tick Born Encephalitis - Ticks are lurking in long grasses and forest areas – 2 doses
Rabies - A Bite, Scratch or lick from an infected animal – 3 doses, booster after 1 year
Malaria - Discuss with a healthcare professional – Usually oral medication taken before, during and after periods in malaria zones. Top tip; WEAR WHITE TO DETER MOSSIES!!
Cost - SHOP AROUND!!! The prices vary substantially at different clinics, so call beforehand and ask for prices.
Without the Malaria pills, our vaccinations have cost approx £450 each.
- Dental needle
- Intravenous drip
- Injection swabs
- Cutting needle and silk
- Skin closure strips
- Non adherent dressings
- Surgical tape
- Disposable gloves
This is the BACKPACKER BRONZE package and it allows cycle touring to be your primary activity.
The only issue with this policy will be when the 18 months has expired. If we are still travelling, we will have to find an alternative company, as they will not extend or renew the policy if we have not returned to the UK. However, for this price and 18 months to play with, we can deal with that when it comes to it. Check the link for policy details.